Creating a Clean and Welcoming Environment
Clean and Safe
JEI works to foster services that will drive a positive impact in the neighborhoods along the East Jefferson corridor, empowering residents and business alike as they continue to take action to keep the neighborhoods beautiful and safe.
Maintaining a Clean Corridor
JEI keeps the East Jefferson corridor and Rivertown District sidewalks and streets free of debris, brush, and rubble, with high-quality cleaning services that are supported through a partnership with the Downtown Detroit Partnership (DDP) and Business Improvement Zone.
JEI contracts with the Downtown Detroit BIZ Ambassadors for cleaning services inclulding:
- Maintain 15 miles of sidewalk and medians
- Remove 12 tons of trash annually
- Empty 125 trash cans three times per week
Preventing Crime in the Neighborhoods
We provide the following services to help make a significant safety impact in the corridor each year:
- Supplemental hours of police patrols with off-duty officers.
- Monthly CompStat meetings to discuss and strategize around community policing.
- Deployment of the JEI AmeriCorps Urban Safety Team – a program designed to empower Detroit residents and businesses with crime reduction tools and strategies.
- Domestic violence advocates in the 5th and 7th Precinct to support and assist survivors.
JEI raises $100,000 annually from a handful private individual and corporate donors. With your help we can continue to provide critical clean and safe programs and services to improve the neighborhoods.